Below you will find our current plans for opening based on the information available at this time for a Phase 3 opening (we will not open during Phase 2, even with limited athletes). Check back here regularly for updates as the situation evolves. At this time, we will not have limitations on stunting, but are exploring different options and could restrict stunting for the first part of the season. We are currently planned for our League-Wide camp the first full week in August, but Snohomish county will need to be in Phase 4 for that to continue as planned.
NSJC Reopening Plan: Governor Inslee has released his plan to begin reopening businesses and activities in four phases to ensure the safety of the community. We understand some of our families are still not ready to allow their children in public spaces, and hope to see you participate again soon. For those who are ready to get back in the gym, we will follow Governor Inslee’s plan during Phase 3, as well as implement the procedures below. We will not be opening during Phase 2.
Carrie Anderson, President
- Continue Closed Practices: We will continue to have closed practices, with no more than 50 people (athletes and coaches). We will implement a curb drop off and pick up routine instead of having parents come inside.
- Outside Practices: We will practice outside with our teams separated into different groups as long as the weather permits. This may mean we do not move indoors until late September or later.
- Team Sizes: We are currently working to find additional coaching staff so we can keep teams in smaller sizes. If you’d like to volunteer to coach, please complete an application on our website: www.northsoundjuniorcheer.org.
- Attendance: If your child is sick, or if anyone in the home is showing COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you keep your child home. If we notice that your child is sick, we will have them call you to come pick them up. We have shorten our cheer lists to ensure no child who stays home due to illness finds themselves far behind their peers. We will also loosen our attendance policies for our Elite teams.
- Hand-Washing/Sanitation: Athletes will be asked to wash their hands before entering the practice space. For outside events, a team mom or coach will have hand sanitizer available as they are dropped off. If your child has special needs or sensitivities, we ask that you provide them with their own sanitizer.
- Snack Policy: We will NOT be sharing or gifting snacks this season. If you want to ensure your child has a snack for after the game, you are free to pack them something. We will not be accepting snack gifts from the football team, or doing consumable gifts for the players.
- Masks: We ask adults that need to come into the practice space to chat with staff wear masks. Athletes will not be asked to wear masks as they will be exercising.
- Fitting Protocols: We will have extra protocols in place for fitting week, including staff wearing masks, no sharing of pens/clipboards, and staggered arrival times.
Carrie Anderson, President